Other than setting up the space, as explained below, there is little you need to do to prepare for the session.
Don't plan what you are going to say. This is about what comes in the moment, perhaps tapping into your inner wisdom.
Requirements for the Filming Space
- Natural day-light from the side (skylights can be a challenge)
- Two upright chairs, preferably with a low back that won't be seen behind you.
- Remove all noise-generating items from the room - eg. a ticking clock. If you have a noisy fridge we may need to switch it off for the duration of the session (the microphone is very sensitive).
- Let others know that you are not to be disturbed
- Switch off your phone or use aeroplane mode to ensure no notifications arrived during the filming.
A few tips about what to wear:
- Avoid fine checks or stripes as on video they can look like they are moving
- Please don't wear a black top or you may look like a floating head against my black back-drop
- Think about any jewellery you are wearing and if it may be noisy - jangly bangles, or a long necklace knocking on the microphone.
- If you can manage without wearing glasses that works best, as sometimes reflections can be an issue, but if you need to keep them on that's fine, we'll work with it.